Took a quick trip down to LA this past weekend to see an old roomie who moved down there a few months ago!
When I travel I tend to do things a certain way..
- I’m all about the food. Sights and attractions always come second.
- I do my research. I use instagram, google, etc to find popular spots, I never want to be hungry and not know where to go.
- I have a plan. Its a loose plan, by no means am I writing out itineraries. I just like to google star all the points of interest and then wake up and decide what area to visit that day. So much more efficient!
- I have FOMO, and even though I know I can always come back, I still feel like this is my one and only chance and I have to try everything. :/
- Same goes with sights, I like to pack in as much as possible.
- And I like to wake up early, or normal for me but maybe not for others. I hate feeling like I’ve wasted the day in a new place by sleeping in!
When traveling with others I tone it down a bit. This trip I didn’t hold back at all! I am so lucky to have found these girls that totally get it and feel the same way about food!
We literally, ate and ate and ate! And even though I felt disgusting at times, I loved each and every bite! It was great having some quality time with the girls, getting away from work and life for a bit and seeing old friends in the area!
Can’t wait to go back!
Here’s the low down on what we ate:
Galbi Jim – Seong Buk Dong
KBBQ – Quarters
It wasn’t all you can eat, but I was plenty full at the end! Meat quality was great! That’s rib eye right there, but my favorite was the seasoned short rib! I don’t know how I’ll be able to enjoy KBBQ in WA again.. oh and did I mention.. they have CHEESE???
Macarons – Bottega Louie
Cereal Pie – The Pie Hole
Ricotta Fritters and Cauliflower – Baco Mercat
Chicken and Waffles – Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles
The #1 SCOES was great, dark meat only and a huge slice of their cornbread! Fluffiest cornbread I’ve ever had, it was even better soaked in butter! They give you so much butter! I couldn’t just sit there and waste it haha
Cheese plate and HH Salami (free) – The Cannibal
Blueberry Cheesecake dipped in Milk Chocolate and Coconut – Stickhouse
Chitarra “Cacio E Pepe – Forma
Donuts – Sidecar Doughnuts
Medium bowl with rice and everything I could get – Poke Bar